You need to show proof to meet the following basic requirements for a UK Domestic Helper Visa application:
- are 19 or older
- have worked for the employer you are travelling with for at least 1 year
- work in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly
- plan to work full-time as a domestic helper for the employer in his/her UK household
- You will leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner.
- You are capable of supporting yourself in the UK without the need for public funds.
You are eligible for a Domestic Helper Visa if you work as:
- a cleaner
- a chauffeur
- a cook
- a personal caretaker for the employer and their family
- a nanny
Another point to keep in mind is that applicants are only qualified for a UK Domestic Helper Visa if they are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Moreover, your employer would need to also meet the following for you to be able to obtain the visa:
- He/she is a foreign visitor or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) who lives outside the UK and does not intend to remain in the UK for more than six months.
- He/she will pay you at least the national minimum wage.
Aside from the mentioned basic requirements, there are other eligibility proofs you would have to check before initiating a Visa application for Domestic Helper.