Home Secretary announces details of the Hong Kong BN(O) Visa

Share on facebook

New immigration route for BN(O) citizens

The UK will open a ‘Hong Kong BN(O) Visa’ for BN(O) citizens and their close family members from January 2021.

You’ll be able to apply for this route from outside or inside the UK.

You’ll be able to apply to enter or remain in the UK for an initial period of 30 months, extendable by a further 30 months, or a single period of 5 years. You’ll be able to work and study but you won’t be able to access public funds such as social welfare benefits.

You’ll be able to apply to settle in the UK (also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) once you’ve lived here for 5 years. After 12 months with this status you can apply for British citizenship.

More details at https://bit.ly/39jEfoh

Looking to apply for UK visa, British passport or renew your BNO? We are here to help!
We have staff at British Connections who have been trained by Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO), and UK Immigration (UKVI). Contact us here to learn more.

More News and Information

British National Overseas (BNO) Visa

英國國民(海外) 簽證

To find out more information about or apply for the British National Overseas (BNO) visa.